Amazon’s New FBA Small and Light Program
You may have heard the term “FBA Small and Light” bouncing around discussion boards and the great echo-chamber that comprises Amazon. And, while it may sound enticing for consumers, you may not be aware of the advantages this program presents sellers.
If you currently sell or plan on selling a product that is under 15 oz. on Amazon, then the FBA Small and Light option can benefit you and your customers substantially.
But before we delve into how Amazon’s Small and Light program works, we need to understand how Fulfillment By Amazon works and incentivizes Prime Members.
WHAT IS FBA?
So, you have built and grown a sustainable business from what started as an idea on a napkin at a bar one night. Two years later and you have tons of inventory with tons of demand and tons of places around the world to send that inventory.
You have the option of storing, packaging, mailing, and replenishing your product yourself or you can utilize Amazon’s “Fulfilled By Amazon” program (also known as FBA.) If you are currently selling on Amazon, you’ve more than likely heard of this option and, if you have only been a consumer on Amazon, you’ve probably been affected by it.
THE ADVANTAGES OF USING FBA IF YOU ARE A SELLER
If you are a seller on Amazon, you have the option of storing your products in Amazon’s fulfillment centers instead of housing them yourself. The advantage of doing this is that you pretty much relinquish any responsibility involving the mundane, “back-of-the-house” work that goes into a successful business.
With FBA, when an order is made, Amazon will pick it, pack it, ship it, and provide customer service for these products.
Furthermore, Amazon also takes on the responsibility of replacing damaged goods and returns, freeing you to focus on the fun part of owning a business and not the nitty-gritty.
If you choose to enlist in the FBA program, your product automatically becomes eligible for the Amazon Prime Program which guarantees 2-day, free shipping on your product to Prime Members.
It’s a win-win for customers and sellers.
HOW MUCH DOES FBA COST?
How much you pay for Amazon to do the heavy lifting (literally and figuratively) is determined by four separate factors:
WHAT ABOUT THE $25 PURCHASE MINIMUM FOR FREE SHIPPING?
Where it gets tricky is if your product is small, light, or inexpensive.
The stipulation with Prime members getting free shipping is that the total amount spent must exceed $25. This makes sense because shipping is expensive and if the consumer isn’t paying for it, that means Amazon is paying for it, and Amazon isn’t about to lose money because their shipping costs exceed their profit margins.
Plus, you as the seller lose money because the referral and fulfillment fees you pay for FBA will exceed the 7 dollars a Prime customer spent on your product. Paying high shipping fees for a product that doesn’t cost much is just bad business.
The only positive about this $25 minimum stipulation for sellers is that consumers are more likely to “add on”cheaper items to their original purchase. Consumers do this to meet the requirement without having to invest too much money on stuff they don’t want or need. If you happen to sell inexpensive, everyday items, your sales could potentially go up just from “add-on,” compulsive buys.
BUT, PER THE NATURE OF AMAZON, THE RULES ARE CHANGING AGAIN
Now, sellers can enroll in the FBA “Small and Light” program, a new feature Amazon is offering to sellers so that Prime members don’t need to meet the $25 quota for free shipping.
With FBA Small and Light, Prime customers automatically qualify for FREE standard shipping (4 to 5 business days). Non-Prime customers continue to get FREE shipping (6 to 8 business days) without a minimum order requirement.
But really this program benefits sellers just as much as it does buyers.
USPS and Amazon’s partnership has resulted in Amazon receiving subsidies for shipping. This means that the price of shipping smaller products has downscaled substantially, driving down the FBA fees that exist on these products. The Small and Light program helps reduce the cost of fulfillments that sellers pay, allowing sellers to maintain good profit margins for their business.
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR THE FBA SMALL AND LIGHT PROGRAM?
1. First you have to be an FBA seller. If you aren’t already, sign up for the program here.
2. Create new offers for your products, or enroll existing, self-fulfilled MSKUs in the Small and Light program.
3. Make sure you qualify for the Small and Light Program first, then you can enroll. You can find a comprehensive step-by-self instructions on how to do this here.
4. Prepare and ship no less than 24 units of your product to a specified Amazon fulfillment center.
5. Enable replenishment alerts, and receive notifications before you go out of stock.
WHAT ARE THE PRODUCT REQUIREMENTS TO ENLIST IN THE PROGRAM?
Essentially, the FBA Small and Light incentive is great for your business if your product meets the requirements. Not only does the program drive down your shipping costs, but it also guarantees more exposure of your product. We encourage anyone who doesn’t already pay for this program to enlist, and now is a better time than ever with the holidays right around the corner.
Coupon Marketing Agreement
(“Agreement”) by and between iLoveToReview.com, LLC dba MarketHustl.com, a Nevada limited liability company, (the “Company”) and the undersigned client (the “Client”), effective as of the date set forth above (the “Effective Date”) and covers all promotional campaigns for MarketHustl.
Amazon TOS Compliance
- We are not a review company. We will never ask any member to review a product.
- We have no way of tracking any information related to Amazon reviews
- Providing products in exchange for a review is against Amazon TOS.
- All campaigns are for strategic promotional purposes only
- The term “Coupon Codes” means Amazon.com coupon or promotion codes provided by Client for distribution by the Company. All Coupon Codes provided by Client to the Company shall reflect a Significant discount on the price of the product(s) described above (the “Product(s)”), but need not discount Clients’ ordinary shipping and handling costs.
- Client understands a Campaign Date will not be set until Company receives Coupon Codes for distribution as set forth below.
- The term “Redemption Target” means the numbers of people who use the Coupon Codes to claim a Product(s) from the Client’s Amazon account. Client agrees to provide Company with an accurate report showing such redemptions within three (3) business days of Company requesting it.
- The Company will use reasonable efforts to distribute the Coupon Codes by email, SMS messages or website visitors until Redemption Target has been reached, however, there is no guarantee the redemption target will be reached. The Company will be responsible for the timing, nature, and means of distributing the Coupon Codes; provided, that the Company and Client shall mutually agree in advance to any product description, marketing materials, or the like used by the Company in connection with distributing the Coupon Codes. The Coupon Codes may be distributed in conjunction with coupon codes for other products and/or services, including those of other clients.
- Campaign Fees: Client shall pay the Company the Single Promo or Standard, Basic, Business or Corporate subscription fees which are due immediately upon execution of this Agreement. The Company shall have no obligation to distribute any Coupon Codes until payment in full is received.
- Campaigns: Campaigns are defined as a coupon code promotion for a single ASIN. Single Promotions are limited to a 1 time promotion for up to 200 coupons. All subscriptions can run unlimited promotions per ASIN per month with no coupon limits.
- Client shall be responsible for timely fulfilling all orders for the Product(s) utilizing the Coupon Codes, consistent with its ordinary fulfillment policies, at its own cost. The Company will not pay for any part of the costs or retail price of the Products, and will not provide shipping, logistics, or fulfillment services. Client shall not charge shipping and handling greater than it charges paying customers for like goods.
- The Company shall not be liable for any damage or loss caused by use of the Coupon Codes, including, but not limited to, redemption by persons other than its subscribers, publication of the Coupon Codes, or redemptions of the Coupon Codes in excess of the Redemption Target. If Client believes that the Coupon Codes are being misused it is Client’s responsibility to deactivate the Coupon Codes.
- Upon the Company’s request, Client shall provide to the Company the complete fulfillment report from the time of the campaign.
- Client shall ensure that on the day of the promotion that the product price will be at a price that the Coupon Codes will reduce the item to the agreed upon amount as indicated on the cover of this Agreement. Client further promises that they shall not change the price of the item on Amazon for 5 days after the promotion launch date to ensure that the Coupon Codes will discount the product as promised for 5 days after the promotion date.
- The Term of this agreement shall be for 30 Days from the day the Coupons are first distributed by the Company for all campaigns and automatically renewed each month upon monthly subscription payment.
- Campaigns are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and are non-refundable.
Indemnification, Insurance, Limitations on Liability.
- Client agrees to indemnify, defend and hold the Company harmless for any liability, damage, loss, claim, cause of action, injury or expense (including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs) arising from or relating to any Client’s product(s) or any product(s) promoted by Client pursuant to this Agreement, Client’s failure to fulfill any order pursuant to the Coupon Codes, any returns, reimbursements or the like, or any claim that any product promoted by Client under this Agreement was in any way defective or deficient, including, but not limited to, claims in the nature of negligence, product liability, breach of warranty (express or implied), breach of contract, or fraud (collectively the “Covered Claims”), whether for injury to person or property, or otherwise. If any Covered Claim is asserted against the Company, the client shall have the right to retain counsel of its choosing, and shall promptly notify Client of such claim.
- WITHOUT LIMITING THE OBLIGATION TO INDEMNIFY THE COMPANY UNDER PARAGRAPH a. ABOVE, NEITHER PARTY SHALL BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, AND THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF EITHER PARTY HEREUNDER SHALL BE THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY CLIENT PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT.
- THE COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING THE CONTENT OF THE REVIEWS PROVIDED BY ITS SUBSCRIBERS OR OTHERS, OR THE CONTINUING AVAILABILITY OF ANY FEATURE OR FUNCTION OF THE AMAZON.COM WEBSITE THAT MAY BE NECESSARY TO CARRY OUT THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
- THE COMPANY HAS NO CONTROL OVER CHANGES TO THE AMAZON.COM SITE, WHICH MAY RENDER THE COMPANY UNABLE TO FULFILL ITS OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER. THE SERVICES HEREUNDER ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
- Either party may terminate this Agreement, (a) on fourteen (14)-days written notice of the other party’s breach of this Agreement if the other party has failed to cure its breach during such period, or (b) immediately on written notice of the other party’s breach of the terms outlined in this agreement. The provisions of Section 5, 6 and 7 shall survive termination of this Agreement.
- This Agreement is the entire agreement of the parties on the subject matter hereof and supersedes any prior or concurrent discussions, negotiations or agreements concerning the same. This Agreement may only be modified in writing, signed by both parties. No failure or delay of either party in enforcing any right or obligation hereunder shall be deemed a waiver, and no waiver will be effective unless signed with the party to be charged.
- The interpretation, performance, enforcement, and breach of this Agreement shall be governed and construed under the laws of the State of Florida without reference to conflicts of law principles. Any disputes arising from or relating in any way to this Agreement shall be brought, if at all, in final, binding arbitration pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such arbitration shall be confidential, and shall be conducted in Broward County, Florida. The prevailing party in such arbitration, and any proceedings to enforce or vacate the arbitrator’s decision shall be entitled to recover its attorney’s fees and costs.
- In the event that any provision of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, then that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary to render it valid and enforceable, and the remaining provisions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
- This Agreement is intended for the benefit of the named parties alone, and is not intended to confer any rights on any third parties. This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties and their respective successors and assigns.
- This Agreement reflects the negotiation and mutual intention of the parties, and will not be strictly construed against either party by reason of the party drafting this Agreement or the provision at issue.
- Any notice required or permitted hereunder shall be given in writing by mail or email at the address for each party specified below and shall be deemed effective upon receipt.
- This Agreement may be executed in counterparts and through electronic means by clicking agree below.
Copyright © 2022 markethustl.com