How Amazon Prime Customers Can Try Out New Product Samples For Free
Amazon has a little known treat for Amazon Prime Customers that we think more people should be taking advantage of. It’s called the Amazon Sample Box Program and if you haven’t used it yet and you’re an Amazon Prime Customer, you’ll be glad you got your hands on this article.
THE MARKETING BRILLIANCE BEHIND “GRAB BAGS”
Grab bags are all the rage right now and why wouldn’t they be? They are arguably one of the most effective business models for sellers to gain notoriety and increase their target audience in an easy and low-cost manner.
Grab bags or “Amazon Sample Boxes” as the company refers to them, are a great way to get a bunch of sample products out to a bunch of people for a very low cost.
If you aren’t sure what a grab bag is, it’s essentially a variety of sample products for free or a very small price tag. This allows consumers to try out different brands and see which ones they like best, giving the consumer the option of trying products without making a commitment. Suppliers love this method because they can disperse thousands of samples to a large percentage of the Amazon users which is usually cheaper and more effective than a marketing campaign.
It’s a genius marketing tool for sellers (particularly ones who aren’t well-known) and it gives the buyer more informed decisions on what they want to invest in.
For example, Le Tote, an online clothing exchange program dubbed “Netflix for Clothes” allows members -at a low cost- to receive, wear, then return a variety of brand-named apparel and accessories. If members like a particular set of shoes or earrings, they can purchase them at a discounted rate. Le Tote has raised raised over 28 million dollars since 2012 and enjoys a steady, annual growth rate of about 500 percent.
But we’re not here to talk about clothes; we’re here to discuss the lucrative potential that the “grab-bag”model has earned various businesses in recent years. Not one to be left out, Amazon has implemented a program designed for Amazon Prime Customers. Consumers and vendors benefit from this savvy business model called the Amazon Sample Box Program.
HOW DO I FIND SAMPLE BOXES?
First off, this program is only available for Prime members, so if you aren’t one, you can sign up and take advantage of their 30-day trial period. That way, you can still enjoy the sample program even if only temporarily. It is important to note that we always encourage people to sign up for Prime anyway, as the benefits are amazing for the low price of $10.99 a month.
The Amazon Sample Boxes, found here, is a page that continually changes, revamps, and takes away an assortment of sample “grab-bags” that you can choose from. There doesn’t seem to be a rhyme or reason as to what influences which samples Amazon puts together, why they change their offers, or how often they do it.
The only motive for cycling products is to keep potential buyers interested and to optimize sample products of different brands to a larger percentage of the public. It also isn’t clear how sellers or vendors get their products sponsored by Amazon.
WHAT ARE IN THE SAMPLE BOXES?
Each box from the page has a theme, which you will notice when the page populates. The categories can be anything from food to kitchen ware to hair products. And each category has a sub-category like “Lipsticks and Glosses” or “Types of Beef Jerky.”
At any particular time, Amazon will offer about fourteen different sub categories from which to choose (although, even that number can change).
Let’s say you were more enticed by the lipstick “grab bag” than you were the “beef jerky.” When you click on the one you want, you will find there are a bunch of different sample lip sticks, lip glosses, and chapstick brands.
So, let’s say this is the grab bag you are the most interested in. When you click on the sample set, Amazon will provide you information on each lip product and how many you will be receiving. Unlike a real grab bag, there are no surprises as to what you’ll be getting.
It’s important to note that whatever grab bag you are interested in could remain on the website for only a matter of hours. So, if you are planning on coming back some other time to purchase it, there’s a strong possibility it won’t be available. Offers are limited and there doesn’t seem to be a known algorithm or reasoning behind the time frame Amazon chooses to cycle products in and out.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
Other than the monthly fee for being an Amazon Prime member, you pay whatever that particular sample box is listed as. Based on what’s inside the sample box, Amazon could charge you as little as $3 or upward of $30. Whatever you pay for the grab bag, that same amount gets credited back to your Amazon account.
CAN I ORDER MORE THAN ONE SAMPLE BOX AT A TIME?
No. The offer is limited to one customer and one account per participating sample box. You cannot combine offers with others.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I RECEIVE MY BOX?
Your box will come with the samples that were promoted on the website. Those products are for you to keep.
A week after your product has been shipped, you will receive an email with instructions on how to use your promotional credit toward the item you liked best. Remember, it’s not a general use Amazon credit. The credit has to go toward a full-sized item from the selection of samples. So, say there was a lip gloss you particularly liked. You could use your credit to buy a new one of regular value. This credit cannot be used for anything other than one of the products from the box and it must be applied within 3 months of the original order.
WHAT IF I DON’T LIKE ANY OF THE PRODUCTS?
If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the content, subject to applicable refund policies.
WHAT IS THE INCENTIVE?
Never mind the fact that you’re essentially receiving a bunch of free stuff, the amount you paid gets reimbursed to you as credit that goes toward whichever item you enjoyed the most. This is a great deal for the adventurous and curious. It’s a low risk way to try out brands, colors, and flavors you’ve never heard of or perhaps have been meaning to try but didn’t want to spend money on.
Furthermore, it’s a cheap way to weed out the products you’ve been meaning to try that you end up not liking. For example, beauty products can be expensive, so if you’ve been meaning to try a certain facial cleanser that’s a bit pricey, with this format, you can sample it and decide if you want to invest in it or not.
The other side of the coin is that it is a great opportunity for vendors and sellers to gain some notoriety for their products. Samples are cheap, so it’s usually not a financial burden for the company. Plus, its a way to target a large audience to test their product which is always a more influential selling tactic than print or tv advertising, as represented in the following graph: This should create a huge increase in the demand for the product. Furthermore, customers that try out these samples will be more likely to leave reviews on that particular Amazon homepage.
IF A SAMPLE BOX WAS ON THE SITE YESTERDAY BUT NOT LONGER THERE TODAY, WILL IT EVER BE OFFERED AGAIN?
Again, we are not entirely sure what prompts the Amazon Sample Boxes to come and go, but the inventory changes pretty frequently. However, if you visit the page often, you will notice that there are certain sub categories that are available fairly regularly such as coffee samples and men’s grooming supplies. If those aren’t there, you can bet they’ll be back when Amazon gets more inventory. The problem is, there is no way to know when and if they will be returning.
Other grab bags contain more rare items. Because samples aren’t as readily available, you should take advantage and buy whatever piques your interest right then and there because there’s no guarantee it will be back again.
IF I’M A SELLER, HOW DO I PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROGRAM?
The short answer is, you can’t, but you probably eventually will be able to. When Markethustl reached out to Clair Grover, Product Manager at Amazon about what opportunities sellers had to participate in this program, this was her response:
So, while right now, only vendors can participate in this Amazon Sample program, it appears that, down the road, FBA sellers will have an opportunity at this potentially lucrative model.
Regardless whether you are a seller or customer, checking out the Amazon Sample Box page is a good way to see what products are out there, what the competition is, and what the price tags are on many of these items. As a general rule of thumb, if a grab bag has a price tag of $10, that usually means that each item in the grab bag sells at the same rate.
Coupon Marketing Agreement
(“Agreement”) by and between iLoveToReview.com, LLC dba MarketHustl.com, a Nevada limited liability company, (the “Company”) and the undersigned client (the “Client”), effective as of the date set forth above (the “Effective Date”) and covers all promotional campaigns for MarketHustl.
Amazon TOS Compliance
- We are not a review company. We will never ask any member to review a product.
- We have no way of tracking any information related to Amazon reviews
- Providing products in exchange for a review is against Amazon TOS.
- All campaigns are for strategic promotional purposes only
- The term “Coupon Codes” means Amazon.com coupon or promotion codes provided by Client for distribution by the Company. All Coupon Codes provided by Client to the Company shall reflect a Significant discount on the price of the product(s) described above (the “Product(s)”), but need not discount Clients’ ordinary shipping and handling costs.
- Client understands a Campaign Date will not be set until Company receives Coupon Codes for distribution as set forth below.
- The term “Redemption Target” means the numbers of people who use the Coupon Codes to claim a Product(s) from the Client’s Amazon account. Client agrees to provide Company with an accurate report showing such redemptions within three (3) business days of Company requesting it.
- The Company will use reasonable efforts to distribute the Coupon Codes by email, SMS messages or website visitors until Redemption Target has been reached, however, there is no guarantee the redemption target will be reached. The Company will be responsible for the timing, nature, and means of distributing the Coupon Codes; provided, that the Company and Client shall mutually agree in advance to any product description, marketing materials, or the like used by the Company in connection with distributing the Coupon Codes. The Coupon Codes may be distributed in conjunction with coupon codes for other products and/or services, including those of other clients.
- Campaign Fees: Client shall pay the Company the Single Promo or Standard, Basic, Business or Corporate subscription fees which are due immediately upon execution of this Agreement. The Company shall have no obligation to distribute any Coupon Codes until payment in full is received.
- Campaigns: Campaigns are defined as a coupon code promotion for a single ASIN. Single Promotions are limited to a 1 time promotion for up to 200 coupons. All subscriptions can run unlimited promotions per ASIN per month with no coupon limits.
- Client shall be responsible for timely fulfilling all orders for the Product(s) utilizing the Coupon Codes, consistent with its ordinary fulfillment policies, at its own cost. The Company will not pay for any part of the costs or retail price of the Products, and will not provide shipping, logistics, or fulfillment services. Client shall not charge shipping and handling greater than it charges paying customers for like goods.
- The Company shall not be liable for any damage or loss caused by use of the Coupon Codes, including, but not limited to, redemption by persons other than its subscribers, publication of the Coupon Codes, or redemptions of the Coupon Codes in excess of the Redemption Target. If Client believes that the Coupon Codes are being misused it is Client’s responsibility to deactivate the Coupon Codes.
- Upon the Company’s request, Client shall provide to the Company the complete fulfillment report from the time of the campaign.
- Client shall ensure that on the day of the promotion that the product price will be at a price that the Coupon Codes will reduce the item to the agreed upon amount as indicated on the cover of this Agreement. Client further promises that they shall not change the price of the item on Amazon for 5 days after the promotion launch date to ensure that the Coupon Codes will discount the product as promised for 5 days after the promotion date.
- The Term of this agreement shall be for 30 Days from the day the Coupons are first distributed by the Company for all campaigns and automatically renewed each month upon monthly subscription payment.
- Campaigns are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and are non-refundable.
Indemnification, Insurance, Limitations on Liability.
- Client agrees to indemnify, defend and hold the Company harmless for any liability, damage, loss, claim, cause of action, injury or expense (including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs) arising from or relating to any Client’s product(s) or any product(s) promoted by Client pursuant to this Agreement, Client’s failure to fulfill any order pursuant to the Coupon Codes, any returns, reimbursements or the like, or any claim that any product promoted by Client under this Agreement was in any way defective or deficient, including, but not limited to, claims in the nature of negligence, product liability, breach of warranty (express or implied), breach of contract, or fraud (collectively the “Covered Claims”), whether for injury to person or property, or otherwise. If any Covered Claim is asserted against the Company, the client shall have the right to retain counsel of its choosing, and shall promptly notify Client of such claim.
- WITHOUT LIMITING THE OBLIGATION TO INDEMNIFY THE COMPANY UNDER PARAGRAPH a. ABOVE, NEITHER PARTY SHALL BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, AND THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF EITHER PARTY HEREUNDER SHALL BE THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY CLIENT PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT.
- THE COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING THE CONTENT OF THE REVIEWS PROVIDED BY ITS SUBSCRIBERS OR OTHERS, OR THE CONTINUING AVAILABILITY OF ANY FEATURE OR FUNCTION OF THE AMAZON.COM WEBSITE THAT MAY BE NECESSARY TO CARRY OUT THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
- THE COMPANY HAS NO CONTROL OVER CHANGES TO THE AMAZON.COM SITE, WHICH MAY RENDER THE COMPANY UNABLE TO FULFILL ITS OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER. THE SERVICES HEREUNDER ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
- Either party may terminate this Agreement, (a) on fourteen (14)-days written notice of the other party’s breach of this Agreement if the other party has failed to cure its breach during such period, or (b) immediately on written notice of the other party’s breach of the terms outlined in this agreement. The provisions of Section 5, 6 and 7 shall survive termination of this Agreement.
- This Agreement is the entire agreement of the parties on the subject matter hereof and supersedes any prior or concurrent discussions, negotiations or agreements concerning the same. This Agreement may only be modified in writing, signed by both parties. No failure or delay of either party in enforcing any right or obligation hereunder shall be deemed a waiver, and no waiver will be effective unless signed with the party to be charged.
- The interpretation, performance, enforcement, and breach of this Agreement shall be governed and construed under the laws of the State of Florida without reference to conflicts of law principles. Any disputes arising from or relating in any way to this Agreement shall be brought, if at all, in final, binding arbitration pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such arbitration shall be confidential, and shall be conducted in Broward County, Florida. The prevailing party in such arbitration, and any proceedings to enforce or vacate the arbitrator’s decision shall be entitled to recover its attorney’s fees and costs.
- In the event that any provision of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, then that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary to render it valid and enforceable, and the remaining provisions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
- This Agreement is intended for the benefit of the named parties alone, and is not intended to confer any rights on any third parties. This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties and their respective successors and assigns.
- This Agreement reflects the negotiation and mutual intention of the parties, and will not be strictly construed against either party by reason of the party drafting this Agreement or the provision at issue.
- Any notice required or permitted hereunder shall be given in writing by mail or email at the address for each party specified below and shall be deemed effective upon receipt.
- This Agreement may be executed in counterparts and through electronic means by clicking agree below.
Copyright © 2022 markethustl.com