How Does Amazon Establish What Products Receive The Amazon Choice Badge?
There are a number of ways to get your product noticed on Amazon. Being able to entice potential viewers is the name of the game and if you aren’t using your best players, you will inevitably lose to your opponents. The Amazon Choice badge is one of the most effective tools in achieving success on this platform.
While there are multiple ways to achieve success on Amazon, the methods usually fall into two categories: organic sales or sales through incentivized strategies.
In the world of e-commerce, the term “organic sales” signifies profits earned naturally and without enticing, customer deals. If your product is doing well organically, factors for this may include:
√ Having a quality product
√ Quality sales copy and images
√ Having a highly-coveted or popular item
√ Having really good reviews/feedback or having people recommend your product to others
√ Being on the first few pages of Amazon
√ Having a competitive price range for the niché you’re in
These are methods you can employ to make your product more desirable to customers. Incentivized sales almost always result in the seller losing money for a small period of time, whether it’s from investing more money or offering discounts. Here are some examples of incentivized sales on Amazon:
√ Running a Discounted Ranking Campaign
√ Running Pay-Per-Click
√ Offering Coupons
√ Sponsored Ads
√ Lowering the Price Point for a Designated Period
Generally speaking, a new listing on Amazon almost always requires you to run some sort of discount or campaign to establish recognition, sales, and coveted real estate on Amazon. Once these things have been established, organic sales will follow (provided you did everything else correctly).
But there is one badge you can receive from Amazon that is highly influential and falls somewhere between the two marketing strategies. That is the “Amazon’s Choice” award and it is probably the highest form of effective marketing that you can achieve without paying directly for it.
What Is The “Amazon’s Choice” Badge?
You’ve probably come across quite of few of these badges in your search for products on Amazon, but if you have never noticed, this is what the Amazon Choice badge looks like:
This badge of honor automatically places you in a higher tier from your competitors because buyers trust in Amazon’s recommendations. Unlike being sponsored by Amazon, this category isn’t bought; it is earned. That means customers trust that the product they are buying is up to Amazon standards.
Par for the course, Amazon hasn’t been very forthcoming about the guidelines set forth for products to earn this endorsement. Up until recently, products that had earned the Amazon Choice Badge simply had the symbol adorned on their listing with no criteria specified as to how they achieved it. Now, Amazon is providing a little more insight into how certain products can earn the label.
Uncovering the Mystery Behind The Amazon Choice Badge
Now, viewers can see on “Amazon Choice” listings the reasons that particular item was awarded the title. On the website, these reasons are listed directly under the Amazon Choice logo, as shown below:
If you are viewing it from the app on your phone, the list can be found underneath the section “Why We Love This Amazon’s Choice Product”:
Generally speaking, it appears as though Amazon selects certain items to highlight based on the following criteria:
√ Low Return Rate
√ High Star Rating (Usually 4- or 5-star)
√ Very High Search Volume
As this recent story by CNET reiterates, an “Amazon’s Choice” designation can’t be purchased by a seller and the owners of chosen products aren’t informed as to why their products earned the title. According to CNET, Amazon employees don’t test the products prior nor do they take into account reviews from third-party sites.
That’s pretty useful information when making an informed decision on what products to trust. It also makes it clear that the Amazon Choice designation isn’t something that can be bought; its value is determined by specific metrics set forth by Amazon.
The reason for doing this helps establish both credibility and trust with its customers, which ultimately are the cornerstones of a successful business model. In other words, if Amazon is willing to endorse a brand, you can be confident you’re purchasing a legit product.
Of course, there may be other factors Amazon considers that aren’t transparent to the population. Seeing as it controls every aspect of the buying process, there is always the possibility that Amazon favors certain brands or products for a variety of reasons including personal investment.
But the fact that they are now providing explanations as to how a product received their endorsement is a good sign. It means that customers now can make a more informed decision upon purchase.
Regarding how sellers can earn that desirable stamp of approval has yet to be determined. As of now, it appears that a company can only make that list if they are an established brand that provides a great service and it would appear that this can only be achieved organically.
Coupon Marketing Agreement
(“Agreement”) by and between iLoveToReview.com, LLC dba MarketHustl.com, a Nevada limited liability company, (the “Company”) and the undersigned client (the “Client”), effective as of the date set forth above (the “Effective Date”) and covers all promotional campaigns for MarketHustl.
Amazon TOS Compliance
- We are not a review company. We will never ask any member to review a product.
- We have no way of tracking any information related to Amazon reviews
- Providing products in exchange for a review is against Amazon TOS.
- All campaigns are for strategic promotional purposes only
- The term “Coupon Codes” means Amazon.com coupon or promotion codes provided by Client for distribution by the Company. All Coupon Codes provided by Client to the Company shall reflect a Significant discount on the price of the product(s) described above (the “Product(s)”), but need not discount Clients’ ordinary shipping and handling costs.
- Client understands a Campaign Date will not be set until Company receives Coupon Codes for distribution as set forth below.
- The term “Redemption Target” means the numbers of people who use the Coupon Codes to claim a Product(s) from the Client’s Amazon account. Client agrees to provide Company with an accurate report showing such redemptions within three (3) business days of Company requesting it.
- The Company will use reasonable efforts to distribute the Coupon Codes by email, SMS messages or website visitors until Redemption Target has been reached, however, there is no guarantee the redemption target will be reached. The Company will be responsible for the timing, nature, and means of distributing the Coupon Codes; provided, that the Company and Client shall mutually agree in advance to any product description, marketing materials, or the like used by the Company in connection with distributing the Coupon Codes. The Coupon Codes may be distributed in conjunction with coupon codes for other products and/or services, including those of other clients.
- Campaign Fees: Client shall pay the Company the Single Promo or Standard, Basic, Business or Corporate subscription fees which are due immediately upon execution of this Agreement. The Company shall have no obligation to distribute any Coupon Codes until payment in full is received.
- Campaigns: Campaigns are defined as a coupon code promotion for a single ASIN. Single Promotions are limited to a 1 time promotion for up to 200 coupons. All subscriptions can run unlimited promotions per ASIN per month with no coupon limits.
- Client shall be responsible for timely fulfilling all orders for the Product(s) utilizing the Coupon Codes, consistent with its ordinary fulfillment policies, at its own cost. The Company will not pay for any part of the costs or retail price of the Products, and will not provide shipping, logistics, or fulfillment services. Client shall not charge shipping and handling greater than it charges paying customers for like goods.
- The Company shall not be liable for any damage or loss caused by use of the Coupon Codes, including, but not limited to, redemption by persons other than its subscribers, publication of the Coupon Codes, or redemptions of the Coupon Codes in excess of the Redemption Target. If Client believes that the Coupon Codes are being misused it is Client’s responsibility to deactivate the Coupon Codes.
- Upon the Company’s request, Client shall provide to the Company the complete fulfillment report from the time of the campaign.
- Client shall ensure that on the day of the promotion that the product price will be at a price that the Coupon Codes will reduce the item to the agreed upon amount as indicated on the cover of this Agreement. Client further promises that they shall not change the price of the item on Amazon for 5 days after the promotion launch date to ensure that the Coupon Codes will discount the product as promised for 5 days after the promotion date.
- The Term of this agreement shall be for 30 Days from the day the Coupons are first distributed by the Company for all campaigns and automatically renewed each month upon monthly subscription payment.
- Campaigns are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and are non-refundable.
Indemnification, Insurance, Limitations on Liability.
- Client agrees to indemnify, defend and hold the Company harmless for any liability, damage, loss, claim, cause of action, injury or expense (including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs) arising from or relating to any Client’s product(s) or any product(s) promoted by Client pursuant to this Agreement, Client’s failure to fulfill any order pursuant to the Coupon Codes, any returns, reimbursements or the like, or any claim that any product promoted by Client under this Agreement was in any way defective or deficient, including, but not limited to, claims in the nature of negligence, product liability, breach of warranty (express or implied), breach of contract, or fraud (collectively the “Covered Claims”), whether for injury to person or property, or otherwise. If any Covered Claim is asserted against the Company, the client shall have the right to retain counsel of its choosing, and shall promptly notify Client of such claim.
- WITHOUT LIMITING THE OBLIGATION TO INDEMNIFY THE COMPANY UNDER PARAGRAPH a. ABOVE, NEITHER PARTY SHALL BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, AND THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF EITHER PARTY HEREUNDER SHALL BE THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY CLIENT PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT.
- THE COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING THE CONTENT OF THE REVIEWS PROVIDED BY ITS SUBSCRIBERS OR OTHERS, OR THE CONTINUING AVAILABILITY OF ANY FEATURE OR FUNCTION OF THE AMAZON.COM WEBSITE THAT MAY BE NECESSARY TO CARRY OUT THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
- THE COMPANY HAS NO CONTROL OVER CHANGES TO THE AMAZON.COM SITE, WHICH MAY RENDER THE COMPANY UNABLE TO FULFILL ITS OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER. THE SERVICES HEREUNDER ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
- Either party may terminate this Agreement, (a) on fourteen (14)-days written notice of the other party’s breach of this Agreement if the other party has failed to cure its breach during such period, or (b) immediately on written notice of the other party’s breach of the terms outlined in this agreement. The provisions of Section 5, 6 and 7 shall survive termination of this Agreement.
- This Agreement is the entire agreement of the parties on the subject matter hereof and supersedes any prior or concurrent discussions, negotiations or agreements concerning the same. This Agreement may only be modified in writing, signed by both parties. No failure or delay of either party in enforcing any right or obligation hereunder shall be deemed a waiver, and no waiver will be effective unless signed with the party to be charged.
- The interpretation, performance, enforcement, and breach of this Agreement shall be governed and construed under the laws of the State of Florida without reference to conflicts of law principles. Any disputes arising from or relating in any way to this Agreement shall be brought, if at all, in final, binding arbitration pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such arbitration shall be confidential, and shall be conducted in Broward County, Florida. The prevailing party in such arbitration, and any proceedings to enforce or vacate the arbitrator’s decision shall be entitled to recover its attorney’s fees and costs.
- In the event that any provision of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, then that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary to render it valid and enforceable, and the remaining provisions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
- This Agreement is intended for the benefit of the named parties alone, and is not intended to confer any rights on any third parties. This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties and their respective successors and assigns.
- This Agreement reflects the negotiation and mutual intention of the parties, and will not be strictly construed against either party by reason of the party drafting this Agreement or the provision at issue.
- Any notice required or permitted hereunder shall be given in writing by mail or email at the address for each party specified below and shall be deemed effective upon receipt.
- This Agreement may be executed in counterparts and through electronic means by clicking agree below.
Copyright © 2021 markethustl.com